Birthday Anniversary of Mithun Chakraborty on 16th June
Born: 16 June 1952
Occupation: Actor, MP in Rajya Sabha
Affiliated to: All India Trinamool Congress
Biography of Film Actor Mithun Chakraborty
Mithun Chakraborty was born in Barisal, which is now a part of Bangladesh. At one point, he joined the Naxal movement. He is an alma mater of Film and Television Institute of India, Pune. He made his debut in Mrigaya, directed by the renowned director Mrinal Sen in 1976. Mithun Chakraborty is an Indian actor and MP for West Bengal in Rajya Sabha.
Mithun Chakraborty made his debut in Mrigaya, directed by the renowned director Mrinal Sen in 1976.
Mithun Chakraborty Achievements in Bollywood
His first breakthrough Bollywood movie was Mera Rakshak in 1978. With Suraksha in 1979, Mithun began a successful reign at the top. These included Hum Paanch, Pyar Jhukta Nahin, and Pyar Ka Mandir. His role in Disco Dancer brought him international recognition.
Agneepath was a big hit for Mithun in 1990. The 1992 Bengali film Tahader Katha won him accolades. During this decade, Mithun shifted to Ooty and focussed on producing low budget movies. He established the Mithun’s Dream Factory production house to produce movies. While his production house successfully produced movies over the years, he returned to acting in Bengali movies. In more recent times, he was the judge of the popular reality show Dance India Dance and Bangla Big Boss.
Mithun Chankraborty’s first breakthrough Bollywood movie was Mera Rakshak in 1978.
Careers of Film Star Mithun Chakraborty
- In the 1980s, Mithun produced over 110 movies. He was the biggest taxpayer of the country in the year of 1986.
- Mithun established himself as a multi-dimensional He did successful romantic and drama movies as well as action movies. Jagir and Dilwala are action movies he did in the 80s that remain his most successful films to date.
- The conceptualization of the hit dance reality shows Dance India Dance was done by Mithun himself. He has received numerous awards for his production.
- He was nominated to the Rajya Sabha from West Bengal in February 2014 by Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee. He quit in 2016.
Biggest Taxpayer of the Country
Mithun Chakraborty was the biggest taxpayer of the country in the year of 1986.
Awards and Recognition of Mithun Chakraborty
- Mithun Chakraborty has won three National Film Awards till date. He was awarded the award for Best Actor for his debut role in Mrigaya.
- In 1992, he won the award again in Tahader Katha. In 1995, he won the Best Supporting Actor award for his role in Swami Vivekananda.
- He has been awarded two Filmfare Awards. He won the Best Supporting Actor award in 1991 for Agneepath and again in 1996 in Jallad.
Mithun Chakraborty has won three National Film Awards.