Born: 5th February 1976
Profession: Film Actor and Producer
Abhishek Bachchan’s Achievement:
Abhishek Bachchan is an actor and producer born on 5th February 1976 to legendary Hindi film actors Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan. He has found fame as an actor through the 50 films he has been a part of since his debut in 2000 with the war film Refugee.
He is also a sports enthusiast and businessman as the owner of Jaipur Pink Panthers in the Pro Kabaddi League. He also has a stake in Chennaiyin FC in the Indian Football league known as Indian Super League. He is married to former Miss World and Hindi film actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan since 2007.
Abhishek Bachchan’s Childhood and Early Life:
- As a child, he was dyslexic which is a reading and writing disorder. He attended the Jamnabai Narsee School, Bombay Scottish School in Mumbai. He also attended Modern School in Delhi and the Aiglon College of Switzerland.
- The family is Srivastava (Kayastha) by caste but adopted his grandfather’s childhood name as the surname.
- His grandfather Harivanshrai Bachchan is a noted poet of Hindi Literature.
- His debut with Refugee (2000) along with another debutant Kareena Kapoor was well appreciated.
- He went on to appear in many successful films both in the lead and supporting roles. Some of his well-known films are Yuva (2004), Dhoom (2004), Sarkar (2005), Bunty Aur Babli (2005), Dhoom 2 (2006), Dostana (2008).
- His performance playing the character named Gurukant Desai, loosely based on the life of Dhirubhai Ambani was very well appreciated.
- As a producer, he produced the film Paa in (2009) starring his father Amitabh Bachchan in the lead role. It got him the National Award for the Best Hindi Feature Film of the year.
Abhishek Bachchan’s Awards:
- He has conferred the Filmfare Award for the Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male) for his following films:
- Yuva (2004)
- Sarkar (2005)
- Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (2006)