Birthday Anniversary of Amitabh Bachchan on 11th October
Born: 11 October 1954
Profession: Indian Film Actor
Biography of legendary Indian actor Amitabh Bachchan:
Amitabh Bachchan was born on 11th October 1942 in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh as Inquilaab Srivastava. Amitabh father’s name was Harivansh Rai Bachchan and his mother’s name was Teji Bachchan. His father was a famous Hindi poet. Amitabh Bachchan has done his schooling from Sherwood College, Nainital and later went to Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi. In 1973 Amitabh Bachchan married to Jaya Bhadhuri. Jaya Bhaduri is also a famous actress. They have two children, Sweta Nanda and Abhishek Bachchan. Abhishek Bachchan is married to former Miss World and Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
Career of Bollywood ‘Shahenshah’ Amitabh Bachchan:
Amitabh Bachchan made his Bollywood acting debut from the movie Saat Hindustani in 1971. But became popular from the movie Zanjeer and got an image of “angry young man“. After movie Zanjeer he never looked back and gave multiple Bollywood hits like Chupke Chupke, Deewaar, Sholay, Kabhie Kabhie, Amar Akbar Anthony, Parvarish, Khoon Pasina, Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, Trishul, Don, Kasme Vaade, Ganga Ki Saugandh, Mr. Natwarlal, Coolie, Andhaa Kanoon, Sharaabi, Mard, Aakhree Raasta and many more. Amitabh Bachchan has also appeared on Television multiple times. Amitabh Bachchan has hosted all seasons of Kaun Banega Crorepati apart from the third season which was hosted by Shah Rukh Khan. Kaun Banega Crorepati was first aired in 2000. Amitabh also hosted the third season of “Big Boss” in 2009. In 2014 he played a lead role in TV Series named ‘Yudh’.
Career of Amitabh Bachchan as a politician:
In 1984, Amitabh Bachchan contested from Allahabad’s seat for Lok Sabha Election against Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna. He won Allahabad’s seat with the huge margin. Three years later he resigned from the Member of Parliament post and also from the politics due to his and his brother’s name (Ajitabh Bachchan) was raised by a newspaper in the “Bofors scandal“.
“Amitabh Bachchan’s birth name was Inquilaab Srivastava”
Achievements & Quick Facts of Amitabh Bachchan:
- Amitabh Bachchan is a legendary actor of Indian film industry, born in Allahabad. Amitabh Harivansh Rai Shrivastava Bachchan is his full name.
- Bachchan made his debut in 1969 with the film Saat Hindustani. Zanjeer, Dewaar, Sholay are some of his popular films.
- Amitabh got near fatal injury while shooting for the movie Coolie on 26 July 1982.
- In 1996, Amitabh Bachchan set a firm called “Amitabh Bachchan Corporation, Ltd.” (ABCL). The main sponsor of the “Miss World beauty pageant 1996” was ABCL.
- He has four National awards, 15 Filmfare awards in his name. He was honored with Padmashri, Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan for his contributions to the Indian Films.
- In 2007, The Government of France honored him in 2007 with its highest civilian award “Knight of the Legion of Honour.”
The first movie of Amitabh Bachchan was Saat Hindustani in 1969.
Some Famous Movies of Amitabh Bachchan:
|1969||Saat Hindustani||National Film Award for Best Newcomer|
|1971||Anand||Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor|
|1973||Namak Haraam||Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor|
|1974||Roti Kapda Aur Makaan|
|1977||Amar Akbar Anthony||Filmfare Award for Best Actor|
|1978||Don||Filmfare Award for Best Actor|
|1988||Gangaa Jamunaa Saraswati|
|1990||Agneepath||National Film Award for Best Actor|
|1991||Hum||Filmfare Award for Best Actor|
|2000||Mohabbatein||Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor|
|2001||Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…|
|2004||Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyo|
|2005||Black||National Film Award for Best Actor|
|2009||Paa||National Film Award for Best Actor|
|2015||Piku||National Film Award for Best Actor|
|2018||102 Not Out|