Born: 6th February 1915
Died: 11th December 1998
Profession: Famous Poet and Songwriter
Kavi Pradeep’s Achievements:
Kavi Pradeep was born on 6th February 1915 and died on 11th December 1998. He was known for his nationalist poetry. His lyrics were full of soul and emotions. His song “Aye Mere Watan Ke Logo” was written to honor the soldiers who sacrificed their lives in the Sino- Indian war. The song was sung by Lata Mangeshkar at the Republic Day of 1963 in the presence of the then Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru. He has conferred the title of “Rashtra Kavi “or “National Poet” for the song and his love for the country.
Kavi Pradeep’s Biography and Early Life:
- Kavi Pradeep was born on 6th February 1915 in Badnagar (near Ujjain). Badnagar was known then Central India Agency (present Madhya Pradesh.
- He received acclaim as a poet during his graduation in Lucknow University. He participated in many Kavi Sammelans. He enthralled the audience with his simplicity and impact.
Kavi Pradeep’s Songs and Films:
- Pradeep has penned down around 1700 songs, nationalist poems and lyrics for 72 films.
- After completing his graduation from Lucknow University in 1939, he was invited for a Kavi Sammelan held in Mumbai in 1939. Here he received the offer for his first Hindi feature Kangan directed by Himanshu Rai.
- From here on, he moved on to write lyrics for movies like Bandhan (1940), Kismet (1943), Mashaal (1950), Jagriti (1954), Nastik (1954), Sambandh (1965).
His patriotic zeal was able to ignite and fuel the fire of nationalism in the masses through a song in Kismet (1943).
- The song “Aaj Himalaya Ki Choti Se Phir Humne Lalkara, Door Hato Aye Duniya Walon Hindustan Humara” were very famous. These songs were repeatedly played in cinema halls. When British recognized the true meaning of the song, an arrest warrant on his name was released. He had to go into hiding for a while here forth.
- His other famous songs are “Aao Bacho Tumhe Dikhayein,” “Dekh Tere Sansar Ki Haalat,” “Hum Laaye Hain Toofan Se,” “Insaan Ka Insan Se Ho Bhaichara.”
- He received the Dadasaheb Phalke award for “Lifetime Achievement” in 1997.
kavi Pradeep wrote the song “Aye Mere Watan Ke Logo” in the honor of the soldiers who sacrificed their lives in the Sino- Indian war.