Date of Birth: 7th February 1934.
Date of Death: 5th February 2010.
Occupation: Actor, Producer.
Years Active: 1960-2001.
Original Name: Shamsher Singh.
Film Actor Sujeet Kumar’s Films and Biography:
- Sujeet Kumar started his acting career in the year 1960. In his entire career, he acted in Hindi as well as Bhojpuri films.
- He used to play pivotal roles either as a villain or as a character actor.
- One of his most notable roles was as a man playing the mouth organ while driving a jeep in the 1969 film ‘Aradhana’ alongside Rajesh Khanna.
- Kumar was the leading man in the suspense flicks in Hindi in the early sixties like ‘Lal Bangla’ (1966) and ‘Ek Saal Pehle’ (1965).
His other notable roles include that of a spy in Ramanand Sagar’s ‘Aankein’ (1968), ‘Naya Raasta’ (1970), ‘Jugnu’ (1973), ‘Hamrahi’ (1999), etc.
- He also acted in Zee horror show’s episode Dahshat 1994-1995.
- Click hereto know about Kavi Pradeep
- During the later years of his career, he worked mainly in production. He produced seven films from 1986-2004.
- Throughout his career, which spanned over almost four decades, Kumar received acting credits in 223 movies.
- Though not much is known about his early and personal life due to lack of records, Kumar’s best friends in the industry were Rajesh Khanna, Jeetendra, Rakesh Roshan, Randhir Kapoor. All of them practically grew up together in the Hindi Film industry since the early sixties.
Cause of Death of Actor Sujeet Kumar:
- Sujeet Kumar died in the year 2010 due to cancer; an illness from which he was suffering since 2007.
Sujit Kumar acted in more than 220 movies in his career of 4o years.