History of Lodi Dynasty of Agra and Delhi Sultanate Bahlol Lodi was the founder of Lodi dynasty. Baholok Lodi was an Afghan. He established the first Afghan state in India. After the death of Bailol Lodi, his son Nizam Shah, sat on the throne of Delhi with the title of Sultan “Sikandar Lodi”.
Sikandar Lodi – Founder of Agra CitySikandar Lodi established the city of ‘Agra’ in 1506 AD. It started the ‘Sikandari Gaj’ for the measurement of the land, which was often 30 inches.
- Sikandar Lodi transferred his capital to Agra.
- Sikandar Lodi wrote poems with the nickname ‘Gulrukhi’.
Sikander Lodi defeated the ruler Hussein Shah Sharqi of Bihar and took Bihar under his control.
- Ibrahim Lodi sat on the throne of Agra after Sikandar Lodi’s death.
History of Ibrahim Lodi
- Ibrahim Lodi established the assumption that there is no relation with the emperor.
- By the time Ibrahim ascended the throne, the political structure in the Lodi Dynasty had dissolved due to abandoned trade routes and the depleted treasury.
On April 20, 1526, Babar defeated Ibrahim Lodi in the first battle of Panipat and established Mughal dynasty in India.
- Ibrahim Lodi’s uncle Alam Khan and Daulat Khan Lodi invited Babar to invade India.
- With the death of Ibrahim Lodi, the Lodi dynasty also came to an end.