Kushan Dynasty In India| Emperor Kanishka of Kushan Dynasty The founder of the Kushan dynasty was ‘ Kujula Kadphises.’. Kushana was a branch of ‘U-chi’ caste. Kujula Kadphises only run copper coins. The most reverent ruler of this lineage was “Kanishka”.
Facts of Kushan Dynasty
- The capital of the Kushan dynasty was Purshpur (Peshawar). Kanishka established his second capital in “Mathura”. With the rise of Kanishka as well as in 78 AD, a proverb, which is called ‘Saka-Sansat’.
- Saka-Samvat is used by Government of India in government works.
- Kanishka established a city called Kanishkpur in Kashmir.
The first great ruler of the Kushan Empire was Kujula Kadphises I.
- Kanishka was a follower of the Mahayana sect of Buddhism.
- It was during this reign that the fourth Buddhist-Buddhist movement of Buddhism was held in Kundalvan, Kashmir.
The Kushans belonged to the Yueh-chi tribe tribe who lived in Chinese Turkistan.
- Charak, the renowned scholar of Ayurveda, was the lawmaker of Kanishka. Ashwaghosh was the princess of Kanishka.
- The art of Gandhar art Shouli and Mathura was developed during Kanishka’s reign.