Lord Chelmsford | Montague Chelmsford Act – 1919
During Lord Chelmsford [1916 to 1921 AD] time the Montague Chelmsford Act – 1919 was passed, according to which the dirarchy was established in the provinces.Moderate and militant got together in the Lucknow session of 1916 AD.
Jallianwala Bagh Massacre
On April 13, 1919 AD, Jallianwala Bagh massacre took place in which hundreds of people were killed.
Khilafat Movement and Non-Cooperation Movement
- During the time of Lord Chelmsford, the Khilafat movement and Non-Cooperation Movement began.
- In 1917 AD the “Saddler Committee” was appointed on education.
- The third Afghan war happened during his time.
First Jewish Viceroy of British India – Lord Reading
- Lord Reading [1921 to 1926 AD] was the first and only Jewish Viceroy of British India.
- In 1921 AD, Prince of Wales arrived in India.
At the time of Lord Reading, in 1921 AD, the Communist Party of India was established by MNR.
- Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh was established by K. B. Hedgewar in 1925 AD.
- In 1922 AD, the Swaraj Party was established by C. R. Das and Motilal Nehru.
- During the Lord Reading, there was a Mopla revolt in Kerala in 1921.
Lord Irwin And The Simon Commission
- During Lord Irwin [1926 to 1931 AD] tenure, In 1927 AD, the Simon Commission was formed.
- Accepting the challenge of the British, Nehru Report was prepared by Motilal Nehru in August 1928.
In the Lahore session of Congress in 1929 AD, the resolution of full independence was passed.
- In the same episode, it was announced to celebrate the first Independence Day on 26 January 1930.
The Civil Disobedience Movement was started as “Dandi Yatra” by Mahatma Gandhi on March 12 ,1930 AD.
- First Round Table Conference was organized in London on November 12, 1930 AD. The Congress did not participate in this conference.
Lord Wellington And The Government of India Act 1935
- On August 16, 1932 AD, Communal Panchat was announced by Ramzie McDonald, according to which the Dalits had been given separate representation and separate election board from Hindus.
At the time of Lord Wellington [1931 to 1934 AD], the Government of India Act 1935 was passed.
- In his time, the Second Round Table Conference was held in London in September 1931 AD.
- Mahatma Gandhi participated on the behalf of Congress.
- The third Round Table Conference was held in London in 1932 AD.
- The Congress did not participate in this conference.
- In 1934, the Congress Socialist Party was established by Acharya Narendra Dev and Jay Prakash Narayan.
August Proposal of Lord Linlithgow
- August proposal was presented in 1940 AD by Lord Linlithgow [1934 to 1937 AD].
- In 1942 AD, the Cripps Mission came to India and India was offered a Dominion status, which Mahatma Gandhi had rejected as a post-dated check.
In 1940 AD, the Muslim League passed the Lahore Resolution, in which Muhammad Jinnah demanded a different country as Pakistan for the first time.
- Forward Block was established by Subhash Chandra Bose on 1st May 1939 AD.
- On August 8, 1942 AD, the Congress had passed the resolution to leave India.
Lord Wavell And Shimla Agreement
- In the time of Lord Wavell [1945 to 1947 AD], the Shimla Agreement in 1945 AD and the naval rebellion in 1946 AD happened.
- In 1946 AD, the Cabinet Mission came to India, its members were- Pathist Lawrence, Stafford Cripps, and A B Alexander.
- International Government was formed by Congress on September 1946 AD.
- On August 17, 1946 AD, Muslim League celebrated direct Action Day, in which thousands of people were killed.
- On February 20, 1947 AD, the British Prime Minister, Lord Clement Attlee, announced the Independence of Indians.
Best GK Website for Competitive Exams