On may 29th, Sunrisers Hyderabad played against Royal Challengers Bangalore in the final and defeated by 8 runs to win “the Indian Premier League- IX”. The final match was played at the Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore.
It’s the first IPL title won by Sunrisers Hyderabad. David Warner was the team captain.
The Key Points Related to Sunrisers Hyderabad and IPL:
- Royal Challengers Bangalore lost third time in the finals. Earlier, the Royal Challengers Bangalore reached in finals in 2009 and 2011.
- IPL-IX, a total of 60 matches were played in 11 different cities between April 9, 2016, to May 29th.
- 8 teams participated in the tournament, from which two teams – the Gujarat Lions and Rising Pune took part for the first time. The two teams are added newly to the place of teams Rajasthan Royals and Chennai Super Kings which are suspended for 2 years.
- Virat Kohli, who scored 973, the highest in the tournament has been awarded the “Most Valuable Player of the Tournament” and “Orange Cap”. Virat Kohli hit 38 sixes in this IPL season and scored 4 centuries which is highest.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar, who took 23 wickets in the tournament, was given a “Purple Cup”.
- Emerging Player of the Season Award was given to Rahman Mustafizur of Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- The first IPL was played in 2008 and the winning team was Rajasthan Royals.